I think most of you would be familiar with this grape popsicle recipe / grape ice recipe. It is such a simple recipe which calls for only two ingredients. In my childhood days these popsicles are so familiar among kids and we would wait for the ice vendors who comes in the afternoon. They give a loud sound, screaming paal ice, grape, orange, rose iceeeeeee by ringing a bell and pushing his small cart or bicycle. My mom used to buy variety of popsicles for us daily and when we ask about the preparation, the vendor used to tell the method without any hesitation. The method I have given below is shared by our regular ice vendor, who has sold it to us for years. But if you search for some simple version, just blend grapes, sugar and go ahead. The added fruits lends an extra crunchiness when you give a bite, it also tastes so refreshing without any artificial flavours and for sure you will not get a purple colour in your tongue as you get it from store bought popsicles.
Grape popsicle recipe / Grape ice recipe is such a simple recipe which calls for only two ingredients. The method given is shared by our regular ice vendor.
- 3 Cups Grapes
- Few Pieces Chopped Grapes
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (Optional)
Remove the grapes from the stem and rinse it well 2 to 3 times in water. Drain the water and keep by side. Reserve few chopped grapes. Boil 1/2 cup of water in a pan.
Add sugar and let it dissolve completely. Once colour changes (syrup form) switch off flame and allow it cool down. No one string consistency is required.
In a mixer / blender add the grapes, puree it without adding water. Place a strainer over a bowl and pour the grapes puree. Press it with a ladle to extract all the juice.
Discard the skin and pour the sugar syrup. Add chopped grapes and mix it well.
Take the popsicles mould and fill it to 3/4th level to each mould. Close it with the lids provided or cling wrap it with aluminium foil paper. Prick it slightly in the center with a knife / scissor.
1. Adjust sugar level as per sweetness preferred for this grape popsicle recipe.
2. Also adjust sugar level as per sourness of the grapes.
3. Just dissolve the sugar in boiling water (syrup form), no one string consistency is required.
4. Use deep purple / black grapes for bright coloured popsicle.
5. Don’t add water while extracting grape puree. The water content in the grapes is enough .
6. If you don’t have popsicles mould, use small tumblers or disposable cups. Cling wrap it and insert a stick.
7. Always fill 3/4th level in each mould as the popsicle expands while freezing.
8. Recommended freezing time is 8 hours or overnight.
9. If preferred 2 tsp of lemon juice can be added as it gives a punch to the grape ice recipe.
10. Addition of chopped grapes is optional only, but it gives some crunchiness and extra taste.
11. A small piece of ginger can also be used while blending grapes as it lends extra zing to the popsicle.
12. For simple version, skip step 2 – just blend grapes, sugar and water. Strain it and fill the popsicles mould.