Gobi Pakoras Recipe / Cauliflower Pakoda is served in most of the restaurants as an appetizer or starter. Pakoras is a perfect tea time snack also or else you can serve this as a side dish for rice. We just need a handful of ingredients to taste these crispy Gobi Pakoras.
- 1 Medium Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Maida
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste Link for ginger garlic paste
- 1 Pinch Red Food Colour (Optional)
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder Link for Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Pinch Cooking Soda
- Salt To Taste
- Oil To Fry
Cut and clean cauliflower into florets. Boil water with salt and turmeric in a kadai and add cleaned florets. Boil for a minute. Drain water.
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients given in the table above, except oil. Add the drained florets. Sprinkle little water, and make sure that florets and flour is well binded. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a kadai and drop the florets in the Oil. Fry them on all sides and drain it in kitchen towel.
Enjoy with tomato or chilli sauce.
Tips for Gobi Pakoras Recipe
2. Don’t add cooking soda more than mentioned or else Cauliflower Pakoda absorbs too much of oil.
3. You can also add ajwain / jeera powder to the batter which helps in digestion.