Thick Coconut Chutney Recipe / Getti Chutney Recipe is our regular coconut chutney, ground with very less water. There is no cooking required for this chutney, just 5 mins is enough to taste this delicious chutney. In most of the hotels in Tamilnadu or here in Karnataka too, they give this chutney for the takeaway foods. It is usually parcelled in a newspaper along with a banana leaf, as I have shown in the pic and the biggest advantage is that this chutney won’t ooze out. This is also called as parcel chutney and it is always a winning combo with Idli, Rava Dosa, Bajji, Mysore Bonda, Vada etc. I have added a short YouTube video for this Recipe for easy understanding, do watch it and please don’t forget to subscribe to my channel too…
- 1/2 Cup Grated Coconut / துருவியதேங்காய்
- 2 tbsp Fried Grams / பொட்டுக்கடலை
- 2 to 3 Green Chilli / பச்சைமிளகாய்
- 3 to 4 Garlic Cloves / பூண்டு பற்கள்
- Salt / உப்பு As Required / தேவையான அளவு
- Water / தண்ணீர் As Required / தேவையான அளவு
- Peel the skin of garlic and keep all the other ingredients ready. To a mixer, add grated coconut and fried gram.
- Then add green chilli, garlic cloves and grind it once.
- Wipe the sides, pour very little water or sprinkle and grind it again. Never pour all the water at a time otherwise, you won't get thick chutney.
- Add required salt and give one final spin. Transfer it to a bowl, usually, no tempering is done for this chutney.
Serve this Getti Chutney Recipe with plain dosa.
Tips for Getti Chutney Recipe
- Use fresh coconut for a good taste, desiccated coconut won't work for this getti chutney recipe.
- Adjust green chilli as per spiciness preferred, but don't use red chilli.
- You can also adjust fried gram and garlic cloves as per your taste buds.
- Also, little coriander leaves with a pinch of turmeric powder can be added for a green coloured chutney.
- For a different flavour, a small shallot can be added while grinding.
- Don't pour all the water at a time and grind it. Just add very little water or sprinkle only to get a thick coconut chutney recipe.
- To get bright white coloured chutney, grind it with milk instead of water.
- Grind the chutney just before 1 hour so that, the flavour will also get infused. Don't refrigerate and use it as it changes the texture and taste.