Fruit Custard Recipe / Fruit Salad with Custard with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. This is such a yummy, creamy, delicious dessert and tastes heavenly when served chilled. If you are arranging for any potlucks or get together, you can prepare this and refrigerate it a day before. All your guests will surely praise you, also you can double or triple the recipe. Even my daughter Shreya, who hate fruits, was happily having a bowl. So instead of giving junk food for your kids, make this healthy fruit salad bowl for them with a scoop of ice cream on top, really they love it. Finally, do watch the video, If you like the video, please Like it, Share it and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Check my other Summer Recipes like
Fruit Custard Recipe / Fruit Salad with Custard is such a yummy, creamy, delicious dessert and tastes heavenly when served chilled.
- 2.5 Cups Milk
- 5 to 6 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Custard Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk (For preparing custard powder)
- 1.5 to 2 Cups Fruits
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Chop the fruits evenly or into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix 3 tbsp of custard powder with 3 tbsp of warm milk without any lumps. Then pour the milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Heat it for 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame, till it thickens a little, I used full-fat milk. Then add sugar and mix well till it dissolves completely. Then pour the custard powder - milk mixture and give a mix in low flame for 2 minutes. Ensure there are no custard lumps in the milk. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
Tips for Fruit Salad with Custard
- Use fresh and full-fat milk for a rich taste for this Fruit Custard Recipe.
- Adjust sugar as per sweetness required. If you want to make it healthier you can add brown sugar or jaggery.
- If preparing during Navratri, custard powder can be replaced with Arrow Root Powder.
- You can choose the fruits as per your wish and seasonal. But don't use sour or unripened fruits.
- Never add citrus fruits like orange, grapefruit or melons as the milk curdles and the custard becomes watery.
- You can even use fruits like Papaya, strawberry, Mango, Cherry or even Tutti Frutti too.
- For more taste chopped nuts like Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios etc can be used.
- I used Vanilla flavoured Custard powder, you can even use banana, mango, apple, pineapple flavour too.
- If you are preferring for Vegan Version, milk can be replaced with almond or soy milk.
- After adding the custard mixture to the milk, just boil for 2 minutes, as the custard thickens more on cooling.
- Never add the fruits to the hot custard, as the whole taste will change.
- Refrigerate for a minimum time of 2 hours and then serve. This Fruit Salad With Custard stays good for 2 days under refrigeration.
- Furthermore, if you don't have Custard Powder in hand, you can use Corn flour / Corn starch or Arrow Root Powder. Just add a few drops of Vanilla essence or a small vanilla pod to the powder, else it tastes bland.