French Fries are usually salted, half cooked and deep fried in oil. Who would say no to this world famous French fries? It has fans all across the borders and of all age groups. If worried about the calorie intake, it can be baked in oven and you can fulfill you craving for the french fries recipe. It tastes so good when served hot with any ketchup. I have given a twist to the regular french fries and topped up with some spices and herbs and can be called as Masala French fries. If you don’t like this flavour and taste of masala, you can make it plain also. We can also make these french fries in advance, store in freezer and fry it when needed. Its always a hit recipe among the kids and apt for any parties and potlucks.
1. Use bigger sized potatoes, so you get lengthier pieces.
2. Always rinse the potatoes well, so that excess starch will be removed. If the starch is not removed the french fries stick together, while frying.
3. Soaking the potato fingers in ice water yields crispier french fries.
4. Soaking in ice water also helps in even frying.
5. Also you can add some salt to the ice water, so the french fries won’t stick together when frying.
6. Don’t overcook the potatoes in hot water, just par boil else the french fries break.
7. Dry the potatoes well without any moisture content or else the french fries won’t be crispy after frying.
8. For more crispiness, first half fry it and cool down for 5 minutes. Then re-fry again.
9. If you don’t like the masala flavor, add salt only and make it plain.
10. For variation, chillie powder, chat masala, rock salt can be added to this masala french fries.
Alternate method for frying
Pre-heat oven for 200 C, bake the french fries for 30 minutes. Flip it and again bake for 5 to 10 minutes.