I am starting this New Year 2019 with a colourful Eggless Vanilla Pastry Cake Recipe. Last Year had been so amazing for me, also I want to thank all my readers, friends, viewers, my family for your support and encouragement from my bottom of my heart. Already, I have shared a plain Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake but this version is with icing as we get in bakeries. The cake was so soft, moist and undoubtedly yummy too. Also, I have shared this cake Recipe with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. If you like it, please don’t forgot to subscribe to my channel.
Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2019
I am starting this New Year 2019 with a colourful Eggless Vanilla Pastry Cake Recipe. This version is with icing as we get in bakeries. The cake was so soft, moist and undoubtedly yummy too.
- 2 Cups Maida / All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 Cups Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Then sift, maida, milk powder, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt twice. Pour 1/2 cup of oil to the sifted ingredients.
- Pour the milk and vanilla essence. Using a hand whisk or electric whipper, mix everything without any lumps. By the meantime pre-heat the oven for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper, brush it with oil and dust little flour all over. Pour the batter and shake the pan twice, so that the air bubbles releases. Place the tray in a pre-heated oven and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the centre, if it comes out clean, the cake is perfectly baked. Once the cake cools down, halve the cake in the centre with a sharp knife.
For the Icing: Keep the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence ready. Then transfer everything to a mixing bowl. Using a hand whisk or electric whipper, whip it in high speed for 3 minutes until the cream reaches stiff peak consistency.
For the Sugar Syrup: To a bowl add 2 tbsp of sugar and warm water. Mix well till the sugar dissolves completely (watch the video link for complete recipe). Then pour little sugar syrup over the bottom layer and cover it with the icing.
- Now cover the bottom layer with another sliced cake. Brush it with the sugar syrup followed by icing on the top and sides too.
- Slice it and decorate the cake with icing flowers.
- If preferred, decorate with coloured sprinkles.
Try this Eggless Vanilla Pastry Cake Recipe for this New Year.
Tips for Eggless Vanilla Pastry Cake
1. I baked for 2 a layered cake only. But if you want to go with 4 layers, just double all the ingredients and slice the cake into 4 pieces.
2. Always cool the cake and then slice it, else it gets crumbled.
3. Ensure the cake is completely cooled before doing the icing. Otherwise, the icing melts and becomes a mess.
4. In Microwave: Preheat it and bake the cake in convection mode at 180c for 30 to 35 minutes.
Common tips in Baking
1. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
2. Ensure baking powder and baking soda is within the expiry date, else the cake won't raise and turns spongy.
3. Once you prepare the batter, bake it immediately, otherwise, the baking powder de-activate and the cake won't raise.
4. Don’t over whisk the batter, else the cake becomes hard.
5. Choose correct sized baking tray, else while baking itself the cake overflows. To avoid this fill the batter to 1/2 of the tray.
6. If the cake doesn’t get baked in the centre, cover the tray with an aluminium foil or butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.