As christmas and new year countdown has started, I am posting a simple and very easy eggless tutti frutti cake recipe. This cake doesn’t call for much ingredients and it is an egg-less, butter-less and cost effective version. If you want to make a plain vanilla sponge cake, then you can skip the tutti frutti and that is the basic version which can be used for all other pastries. This cake is so spongy, soft and a sure treat for eyes. Prepare this colourful cake and have a wonderful Christmas and New year coming ahead. I also prepared a small batch for my kids in a separate fancy tray to surprise them, which I used in backdrop.
1. Always use fresh curd, don’t use sour curd as it changes the whole taste.
2. Sift the maida so it helps in even mixing.
3. For variation, raisins, cherry, cashews can be added to this eggless tutti frutti cake recipe.
4. Use any odourless / neutral oil only.
5. Olive oil can also be used but the cake will be dense.
6. After adding baking soda / baking powder, don’t give more than 5 minutes resting time.
7. For healthy version, maida can be replaced with wheat flour.
8. You can use the same cake batter, to make tutti frutti cup cakes.
9. Always select the correct size baking tray or else once baked the cake would come out of the tray. To avoid this fill only 3/4 of tray with batter.
10. For even golden colour on top, brush the cake with little milk before the finishing time.
11. Don’t over bake the cake, else it turns hard. After 25 minutes keep an eye on the cake.
12. Shelf of this vanilla sponge cake is 2 to 3 days at room temperature.