Today’s post is Eggless Strawberry Cake Recipe with step by step pictures along with cream cheese frosting. This cake is so easy to prepare with only few ingredients, if you opt for frosting, the ingredients list gets little bit elaborated. But it tastes delicious without frosting also, the pleasant smell from the strawberries, takes the cake to the next level. I didn’t use food colour or artificial essence, it tastes good on its own. Please read the recipe till the end, as I have shared lot of common tips too regarding baking…..
Eggless Strawberry Cake Recipe
- OTG Oven / Microwave Oven
- 3/4 Cup Maida / All Purpose Flour (90 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (100 Grams)
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry Puree
- 1/4 Cup Neutral Oil (60 ML)
- 1/4 Cup Curd (60 ML)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
For the Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese / Hung Curd
- 1/4 Cup Soft Butter Link for Homemade Butter
- 1.5 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- First powder the sugar in the mixer. Then measure and keep all the other ingredients ready.
- Chop the strawberries and transfer it to the mixer. Grind it without adding water and measure 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- To a sieve, add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift everything to avoid lumps.
- To a wide mixing bowl, pour curd and oil.
- Then pour strawberry puree and whisk it with a electric blender or hand wire whisk.
- Now add the sieved dry ingredients and whisk everything till smooth and soft. Ensure there is no lumps.
- By the time, pre-heat oven for 10 minutes. Brush a baking tray with little oil and dust little flour all over. Transfer the batter to the baking tray, then level it with a ladle / spatula. Shake the tray twice, so that the air bubbles releases. Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes at 180c or a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, first add cream cheese and butter.
- Then add powdered sugar and vanilla essence.
- Whisk everything well for 3 to 4 minutes, till stiff peak consistency. If the frosting is runny, add little icing sugar and if it is too thick, add 1 tbsp of milk to trouble shoot it. Refrigerate it for 1 hour, so the frosting will set.
- With a knife / spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. Slice the cake into pieces.Enjoy this eggless strawberry cake recipe with mini onion samosa for teatime.
1. Don’t use sour curd, as it will spoil the whole taste of the cake.
2. Use fresh strawberries for good taste and bright colour.
3. Even canned strawberries can be used, but I used fresh ones.
4. Sieving the dry ingredients is a must to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
5. Adjust sugar quantity accordingly to the sweetness of the strawberries used.
6. Ensure all the wet ingredients is in room temperature only.
7. Oil can be replaced with same quantity of melted butter.
8. Use any neutral / flavourless oil only, else the cake smells different.
9. For vibrant colour, 2 drops of pink food colour can be used.
10. For more flavour 2 drops of strawberry essence can be used for this eggless strawberry cake recipe.
Common tips in Baking
1. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
2. Ensure baking powder and baking soda is within the expiry date, else the cake wont raise and turns spongy.
3. Once you prepare the batter, bake it immediately, otherwise the baking powder de-activate and the cake wont raise.
4. Don’t over whisk the batter, else the cake becomes hard.
5. Choose correct sized baking tray, else while baking itself the cake overflows. To avoid this fill the batter to 1/2 of the tray.
6. If the cake doesn’t gets baked in the center, cover the tray with an aluminium foil or butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.