A very simple and a basic cake recipe with step by step photos, detailed instructions and lots of tips and variation. If you are newbie or interested in baking, then you should definitely try this eggless vanilla cake recipe as it is the first level in baking. It is an eggless, butterless version without condensed milk also, just curd and baking soda reacts with one another and lends so pillowy soft spongy cakes. If you master in this eggless sponge cake recipe, then you can prepare any type of cake in a breeze…..
1. Sieving All Purpose Flour / Maida is important to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
2. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
3. Ensure baking powder and baking soda is within the expiry date ,else the cake don’t raise or turns spongy.
4. Don’t use sour curd and also don’t reduce the quantity, as it lends sponginess to the eggless vanilla cake.
5. Use any neutral / flavourless oil only ,else the cake smells different.
6. After adding baking powder and baking soda to the curd (step 4), don’t give more than 5 minutes sitting time.
7. Once you prepare the batter ,bake it immediately else the baking powder deactivate and the cake wont raise.
8. Also don’t over mix the batter, otherwise the cake becomes hard.
9. Always choose the correct sized baking tray, else while baking itself the cake over flows. To avoid this fill the batter only, to 1/2 of the tray.
10. If the cake doesn’t gets baked in the center, cover the tray with an aluminium foil / butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
11. For even golden coloured top layer ,brush the cake with little milk before 10 minutes and bake it again.
12. Shelf life of this eggless sponge cake recipe is 3 to 4 days and the same batter can be used to prepare vanilla cupcakes.