An eggless, butterless orange sponge cake recipe with only handful of ingredients, interesting! isn’t it? This eggless orange cake is a sure treat for vegeterians, it tastes so yummy with the burst of orange flavour and it’s vegan too. You may have the doubt whether this cake would be spongy without the addition of curd, vinegar or egg, but trust me this cake was soooo soft as orange juice is enough to lend the softness. I have shared the recipe, with step by step photo with lots of tips and it’s a no fail recipe too.
1. Sieving the dry ingredients is important to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
2. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
3.For healthy version, maida can be replaced with atta, but the cake will be little dense.
4. Equal quantity of maida and atta can also be used for this eggless orange cake.
5. Sugar can be replaced with powdered sugar or cane sugar too.
6. Oil can be replaced with olive oil or softened butter. But ensure to use neutral / flavourless oil.
7. Corn flour can be replaced with custard powder also.
8. Either fresh orange juice or readymade ones can be used.
9. Also don’t use orange zest more than mentioned else the cake taste little bitter.
10. Addition of orange essence adds more flavour but it’s optional. It can be replaced with vanilla essence or made without any essence.
11. Adjust sugar as per sweetness required for this orange sponge cake Recipe.
12. Always choose the correct size baking tray, otherwise the cake overflows when baking itself. To avoid this fill only 1/2 or 3/4 of the tray with the batter.
13. Don’t over bake the cake, else it turns hard. After 25 minutes keep an eye on the cake.
14. This cake stays good for 3 to 4 days under room temperature.