I am starting this December month with an Eggless Marble Cake Recipe, as the Christmas and New Year countdown starts, hereafter I will be sharing a few baking recipes. The texture was too soft and it tastes too yummy, that I could not describe in words. Though I have baked this cake so many times, every time I keep my fingers crossed and will be overexcited to see the pattern in the cake. Each and every time, when I bake this goodie, the marble-like pattern changes and it looks so artistic. Also, Cake Recipe with step by step pics, a short youtube video and if you like it, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
The texture of this Eggless Marble cake recipe was too soft and tastes yummy. Each and every time, the marble-like pattern changes and it looks so artistic.
- 1.25 Cup Maida / All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Link for Homemade butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk / Milk Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder For the Cocoa Batter
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
Keep a wide bowl or paper beneath, then sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda twice.
To the powdered sugar, pour melted butter, milk and vanilla essence.
Then pour condensed milk and just give a rough mix. Pour this over the sieved maida, baking powder and baking soda.
Now start whisking the mixture without any lumps, by using an electric blender or hand wire whisk. By the meantime pre-heat the oven for 15 minutes.
To another bowl, add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of hot water and mix it well. Now pour 1/4 cup of the cake batter to the cocoa powder paste and mix it smoothly.
Line a baking tray with butter paper, brush it with oil and dust little flour all over. First, pour 1/2 half of the plain cake batter. Then, pour the cocoa powder batter in circles.
Just make swirl-like patterns using a stick or fork. Then pour the remaining cake batter over it.
Shake the pan twice, so that the air bubbles releases. Place the tray in a pre-heated oven and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes at 180c or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Once cooled, invert the tray on a plate and gently tap to remove the cake. Then slice it with a sharp knife.
Enjoy this Eggless Marble Cake Recipe during teatime.
Tips for Eggless Marble Cake Recipe
- Sieving the flours are important to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
- Ensure all the ingredients are in the room temperature. Don't take it directly from the fridge and use it.
- Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
- Ensure baking powder and baking soda is within the expiry date, else the cake doesn’t raise or turns spongy.
- Also don’t over mix the batter, otherwise the cake becomes hard.
- First, you can pour the whole plain cake batter then the whole cocoa batter and make swirls.
- Once you prepare the batter, bake it immediately else the baking powder deactivate and the cake won't raise.
- Always choose the correct sized baking tray, else while baking itself the cake overflows. To avoid this fill the batter only, to 1/2 of the tray.
- Furthermore, don't open the oven door for the first 30 minutes, to avoid the temperature variation.
- If the cake doesn’t get baked in the centre, cover the tray with an aluminium foil/butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
- For even golden coloured top layer, brush the cake with little milk before 10 minutes and bake it again.