Today I have shared a simple, delectable chocolate mousse recipe and it is a eggless – gelatin free version. The original recipe calls for dark chocolate and rum, but instead of rum, apple juice or even water can be substituted. This mousse is really a silky, creamy, rich dessert apt for any lunch or dinner or parties. It can be prepared in advance and kept under refrigeration also. I am starting this year with this yummy eggless chocolate mousse. Wish you all a Happy New Year 2017.
1. Milk chocolate / choco chips can also be used. I used whole dark chocolate as the traditional recipe calls for dark chocolate. Combination of all 3 can also be added.
2. Always use good quality chocolate and fresh cream for this eggless chocolate mousse recipe.
3. Don’t use milk chocolate fully as you won’t get brown color.
4. Use double boiling method to melt the chocolate, make sure the bowl is dry without any moisture and doesn’t touch the water.
5. Even if a drop of water splashes in the chocolate while melting it turns gritted.
6. Also melt the chocolate in low flame, else it smells burnt.
7. Don’t over whip the cream otherwise it turns into butter.
8. Never add the melted chocolate to the cream when it is hot or else the cream curdles.
9. For variation 1 tsp of coffee powder / vaniila essence can be added which lends a different flavour.
10. Shelf life of this chocolate mousse recipe is 2 to 3 days under refrigeration, cling wrap it and store it chilled.