How many you like these cute mini cupcakes? I think all of us love it. These cupcakes needs no icing / frosting and other decorations compared to regular large sized cakes, it tastes yummy as such. I have added a little instant coffee powder to this Eggless Chocolate cupcakes recipe, which enhances the chocolate flavour and lends deep brown colour the baked goodie. I love these cup cakes always, as it gets baked in less time and it is the most preferred one for any kids parties and best for individual servings.
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- OTG Oven / Microwave Oven
- 1.5 Cup All purpose Flour (APF) / Maida
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1.25 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- First measure and keep all the dry ingredients ready.
- Then measure and keep all the wet ingredients separately. To a sieve, add APF, cocoa powder and instant coffee powder.
- Then add baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sift everything well to avoid lumps. To a mixing bowl, add oil and vinegar.
- Then add vanilla essence and sugar to it.
- Whisk well till the sugar granules dissolves well. Then add the sieved dry ingredients to the same bowl.
- Pour water and whisk it gently, till smooth and soft. Fold it slowly, as over beating turns the cupcakes hard. By the time pre-heat the oven to 180c for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the liners in a muffin tray. Pour the batter to 1/2 level in the liner, so you get dome shaped cupcakes. Don't pour to full height as there is a chance of the batter overflowing. Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes at 200c or till a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Allow it to cool down in the muffin tray itself for 10 minutes and then remove it.Enjoy this cupcake as an evening snack.
1. Use good quality/brand cocoa powder and vanilla essence, as it is the main ingredient for flavour and colour.
2. Equal quantity of APF and wheat flour can also be used for this eggless chocolate cupcakes recipe.
3. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
4. Sifting the dry ingredients is a must to avoid lumps and it helps in even mixing.
5. Don’t skip vinegar, as it gives fluffiness to the cupcake.
6. Addition of instant coffee powder is optional, but it enhances the flavour of the chocolate .
7. Vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
8. Use any odourless / neutral oil only, otherwise the cupcake smells different.
9. Don’t over whisk the batter, else the cupcakes turns hard.
10. Fill the cupcake liner to 1/2 to 3/4, so you get dome shaped cupcakes.
11. Also don’t over bake the cupcakes (maximum 20 minutes), else it turns chewy and burnt on top.
12. Baking time varies from oven to oven, so read the manual carefully. I used Morphy Richards OTG and my cupcakes was done in 18 minutes.
13. Stays good for 2 to 3 days outside and 1 week under refrigeration.