How many you like these cute mini cupcakes? I think all of us love it. These cupcakes needs no icing / frosting and other decorations compared to regular large sized cakes, it tastes yummy as such. I have added a little instant coffee powder to this Eggless Chocolate cupcakes recipe, which enhances the chocolate flavour and lends deep brown colour the baked goodie. I love these cup cakes always, as it gets baked in less time and it is the most preferred one for any kids parties and best for individual servings.
1. Use good quality/brand cocoa powder and vanilla essence, as it is the main ingredient for flavour and colour.
2. Equal quantity of APF and wheat flour can also be used for this eggless chocolate cupcakes recipe.
3. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
4. Sifting the dry ingredients is a must to avoid lumps and it helps in even mixing.
5. Don’t skip vinegar, as it gives fluffiness to the cupcake.
6. Addition of instant coffee powder is optional, but it enhances the flavour of the chocolate .
7. Vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
8. Use any odourless / neutral oil only, otherwise the cupcake smells different.
9. Don’t over whisk the batter, else the cupcakes turns hard.
10. Fill the cupcake liner to 1/2 to 3/4, so you get dome shaped cupcakes.
11. Also don’t over bake the cupcakes (maximum 20 minutes), else it turns chewy and burnt on top.
12. Baking time varies from oven to oven, so read the manual carefully. I used Morphy Richards OTG and my cupcakes was done in 18 minutes.
13. Stays good for 2 to 3 days outside and 1 week under refrigeration.