Any lovers for brownies? These Eggless chocolate brownies when served with a scoop of vanilla icecream, it’s delicious! There are lot of variation in brownies, either gooey or fudgy but this eggless chocolate brownie is cake like, moist and super soft. A lot of variations can be made to the goodie like adding choco chips, dry nuts like almonds, cashews, pecan nuts, walnuts etc. The whole taste and colour of this eggless brownie recipe depends on the cocoa powder, so use good quality one. If serving for kids, do a chocolate ganache spread and surely they enjoy it.
Eggless Brownie Recipe has lots of variations, either gooey or fudgy but this eggless chocolate brownies is cake like, moist and super soft.
- 1 Cup Maida / All purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Butter
First measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
To a wide mixing bowl, add sugar, then melted and cooled butter.
Pour curd and whisk it gently, till the sugar granules dissolves completely. Then add vanilla essence.
To a sieve, add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sift everything well to avoid lumps.
Add the sieved dry ingredients slowly to the curd - butter mix. Fold it gently with a ladle / spatula, ensure there is no lumps. The batter will be thick not pouring consistency.
By the time pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with a butter / parchment paper. Select a suitable size tray, as the brownies increase in size. Then transfer the batter to the tray, level it, then tap the tray twice, so that the air bubbles release.
Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes at 180c or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely, invert the tray on a plate and gently tap to remove the brownie. Slice it into pieces and if preferred dust some powdered sugar over it.
Serve this eggless chocolate brownies with vanilla icecream.
1. For healthier version, this eggless brownie recipe can be made with wheat flour also.
2. Sieving the dry ingredients is a must to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
3. Use good quality cocoa powder, as the whole taste and colour of this brownies comes from the cocoa powder only.
4. For more chocolaty flavour, increase the cocoa powder to 2/3 cup.
5. Ensure the baking powder is within the expiry date, else the brownie wont raise.
6. Use melted and cooled butter only. If using salted butter, skip salt in the ingredients list.
7. Butter can be replaced with oil also, but use any flavourless / neutral oil.
8. Don’t use sour curd and also use curd at room temperature only.
9. For coffee flavour, 1/2 tsp of instant coffee powder can be added.
10. For different taste choco chips, chopped almonds, walnuts, pecan nuts or cashews can also be added.
11. Once you prepare the batter, bake it immediately, else the baking powder deactivate and the brownie wont raise.
12. Also don’t over mix the batter, otherwise the brownies becomes hard.
13. If the brownies doesn’t gets baked in the center, cover the tray with an aluminium foil / butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
14. Shelf life of this eggless chocolate brownies is 2 to 3 days.