If you have any ripe banana left in your kitchen, then hold for a minute before discarding it! Do try this soft, butterless, moist Eggless Banana Cake recipe with an amazing flavour of banana and the crunchiness of walnuts. You can prepare it with almonds, pista, pecan nuts or plain also. If making for kids you can add some cocoa powder or choco chips for chocolate flavoured cake. It is vegan also and I can say it is the best ever Eggless Banana Bread I have so far tasted.
1. Use over ripe banana only for this eggless banana bread for a excellent taste.
2. For a healthier version, it can be made with wheat flour alone. But I used combination of both maida and atta.
3. Sieving the flours is important to avoid lumps and for even mixing.
4. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different.
5. Ensure baking powder and baking soda is within the expiry date, else the cake don’t raise or turns spongy.
6. Oil can be replaced with same quantity of melted butter also.
7. Use any neutral / flavourless oil only, else the cake smells different.
8. For different taste dry nuts / fruits like almonds, pista, pecan or can be used.
9. For chocolate flavoured cake 2 tsp of cocoa powder or choco chips can be added.
10. For spicy flavoured cake, 1/8 tsp of cinnamon powder can be used.
11. Once you prepare the batter, bake it immediately else the baking powder deactivate and the cake wont raise.
12. Also don’t over mix the batter, otherwise the cake becomes hard.
13. Always choose the correct sized baking tray, else while baking itself the cake over flows. To avoid this fill the batter only, to 1/2 of the tray.
14. If the cake doesn’t gets baked in the center, cover the tray with an aluminium foil / butter paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
15. For even golden coloured top layer, brush the cake with little milk before 10 minutes and bake it again.
16. Shelf life of this eggless banana cake recipe is 3 to 4 days and the same batter can be used to prepare banana cupcakes.