A simple and quick alternative to our regular sambar recipes. If you have tomatoes leftover in your fridge, then give a try to this drooling Tomato Kulambu recipe. It’s so simple with only few ingredients and can be easily prepared in a jiffy too. I have shared this easy Thakkali Kuzhambu with step by step pictures and a short you tube video. Ok, let’s go to the recipe ……
Checkout my youtube video for this recipe
1. Adjust green chilli and chilli powder as per spice level required.
2. Use regular / country tomatoes which lends more taste and tanginess. Bangalore / Roma tomato, don’t works for this gravy.
3. Use ripe and deep red colour tomatoes, as it gives nice red colour to the easy Thakkali Kuzhambu.
4. Instead of tomato puree, finely chopped tomatoes can also be used.
5. Use shallots only for roasting and grinding, which adds more taste for this Tomato Kulambu recipe.
6. Don’t skip poppy seeds / khus – khus, as it a must ingredient for this kulambu.
7. Grated coconut can be replaced with 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk.
8. Fennel seeds can also be replaced with jeera in tempering.
9. This kulambu stays good for 2 to 3 days under refrigeration.