The Curd rice recipe is also known as ‘Thayir Sadam’ in Tamil Nadu. Thayir Sadam recipe is very popular in South India as the lunch or dinner is incomplete without this rice. It is such an easy and comforting dish which tastes divinely with a simple seasoning and any pickle.
Curd Rice Recipe | Thayir Sadam Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Thick Curd
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Butter (Optional) Link for butter
- 1 tbsp Grated Carrot
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt As Needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 Small Piece Ginger Finely Chopped
- 1 Pinch Hing
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
Tips for Thayir Sadam Recipe
2. Heat milk before adding. Milk prevents the curd rice turning sour.
3. You can also add roasted cashew and raisins. Instead of veggies, you can add fruits like grapes and pomegranate.
4. Also slightly overcook the rice, so that it can be mashed easily.
5. Adding butter gives a restaurant-style rich and creamy curd rice recipe.