I am happy to share my 50th blog post, so a sweet Coconut Ladoo with Milkmaid / Coconut Laddu Recipe, a simple sweet made with only a few ingredients. Even beginners can try this and it is ideal for gifting. It took almost 9 months to reach my 50th post. Within these 50 posts, I have got so many good friends in the blogging world, who has always encouraged me with their positive comments and emails. The reason behind slow blogging is that I don’t want to do blogging mechanically and I always do it for my passion. More than that I have family commitments, kids and other priorities to concentrate on. Although most of my family members are CEO’s in the IT industry, I don’t like to depend on their technical help to get my blog going. Thanks to all my viewers and friends on this occasion, please do keep visiting my space and provide your support.
Coconut Ladoo with milkmaid | Coconut Laddu Recipe
1 Cup = 250 ML, 1 tsp = 5 ML
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut For Rolling
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk (MilkMaid)
- 2 Pinch Elaichi Powder
- 1 tsp Ghee Link for homemade ghee
- In a non-stick pan, add 1 tsp of ghee, roast desiccated coconut for 2 minutes in low flame. Don't burn or change the colour.
- Add condensed milk and elaichi powder. Stir in low flame until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool down.
Tips for Coconut Laddu Recipe1. If using freshly grated coconut, choose thick, and mature ones. When using fresh coconut, fry the coconut till all the moisture is absorbed well, else the ladoo get spoiled soon.
2. If you are using fresh coconut, scrap the white part only, so the ladoo will be pure whitish in colour. Discard the brown part.
3. I used Amul Mithai Mate for this Coconut Laddu Recipe. Condensed milk can be replaced with normal milk and sugar.
4. Don't change the colour of the coconut while roasting, else the ladoo smells and looks bad.
5. Do not overcook or thicken the mixture or else the ladoos turn hard.
6. Consume this Coconut Ladoo with Milkmaid within 2 days or refrigerate and use within 7 days.
Method for Coconut Ladoo with Milkmaid
1. In a non-stick pan, add 1 tsp of ghee, roast desiccated coconut for 2 minutes in low flame. Don’t burn or change the colour.
2. Add condensed milk and elaichi powder. Stir in low flame until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Switch off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool down.
3. Grease your hand with little ghee and make small balls. Roll the ladoo’s in desiccated coconut. Refrigerate for 2 hours to get the right consistency. Keep them in cupcake liners.
Try this Coconut Laddu Recipe for this Diwali festival.