This Coconut Burfi Recipe is the most simplest sweet made with 2 main ingredients grated coconut and sugar. There are so many methods and also variations to make this sweet delight, you can grate or grind the coconut. For more juicier version, milk can be added or it even can be made with condensed milk too. There is no specific method, but today I have shared a very simple post which can be made within 20 minutes. For a different look, I didn’t grind the coconut to fine texture, used the grated one straight away from my food processor. Ok, lets go the preparation of Thengai Burfi Recipe with step by step pictures.
If interested check out my other Diwali recipes
1. Use fresh, tender and juicy coconut for good taste.
2. For white colour coconut burfi recipe, scrap only the white part of the coconut and discard the brown part.
3. For more smooth finishing, you can grind /scrap the coconut in the mixer / blender to a fine paste. I straight away used the grated coconut, didn’t grind it.
4. For easy version, desiccated coconut can be used, in that method soak it in 1/4 cup of warm milk and then use it.
5. Adjust sugar as per sweetness preferred for this thengai burfi recipe.
6. If you want the burfi more juicier, add 1/4 cup of milk along with sugar. But it reduces the shelf life.
7. For rich and creamy version, sugar can be replaced with 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
8. As soon as the bubbles appear in the last stage, be alert next it forms a mass.
9. Also cut it into pieces, when the mixture is warm else if cools it will be hard to cut.
10. Shelf life of this burfi is 15 days, if not using milk.