How many of you like restaurant style Chilli Parotta? It is the most famous street food in Tamilnadu, found in roadside shops, small hotels and even in big restaurants too. This Chilli Parotta Recipe is nothing but regular parotta’s teared into bite sized pieces and tempered with onion, capsicum and sauted in sauces. Actually in restaurants, the parotta’s are dipped in batter and deep fried in oil till crispy. I have given that method too in the tips section. But the version I have shared here is not deep fried and low calorie one, so once in a while you can enjoy it happily!
If interested check out my other Dinner Recipes
1. I used ready made parotta, you can use homemade ones also.
2. I used my kitchen scissors to cut the parotta. Usually restaurant style chilli parotta looks bigger, so I chopped little big.
3. For Hotel Style: Mix 2 tbsp All purpose flour / corn flour + 2 tsp chilli powder + salt + water to form a batter. Dip the parotta pieces in the batter and deep fry it in oil.
4. Tomato sauce can be replaced with 1 small sized tomato. But don’t add more as it makes the dish mushy.
5. Don’t add soy sauce more than mentioned, else it turns the chilli parotta recipe darker.
6. Adjust green chilli and chilli powder as per spice level preferred.
7. For bright colour, use kashmiri chilli powder or 1 pinch of red food colour (I didn’t use)
8. For more flavour, 1 tsp of garam masala powder can be added.
9. Be little alert while adding salt ,as the parotta and sauces has added salt in it already.
10. For more spiciness, 1/2 tsp of pepper powder can be sprinkled at last.
11. Coriander leaves can be replaced with spring onions also.