Some chapati lying in your refrigerator idle for days? No need to waste it. The leftover chapathi take a new avatar, join hands with chinese cuisine and transforms into chapati noodles recipe. I combined both hakka noodles and fried rice recipe already shared in my blog and prepared this leftover chapathi recipes. You can send this chapati noodles in your kids lunch box and they surely eat it happily without any complaints. As hubby is on a trip to US, taking care of my kids, sending them to school itself is a big job, so I am posting very simple recipes that can be done in minutes. For variation have a glance at tips section and if interested in knowing how to make soft chapathi? click this link…..
Chapati Noodles Recipe | Leftover Chapathi Recipes
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dinner / Kids lunch box
Preparation + Cooking Time : 20 Mins | Serves : 2 to 3
- Chapati – 5
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Carrot – 2 tbsp
- Capsicum – 2 tbsp
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Red chilli sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As Required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions / Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
1. Stack the chapati and cut into 2 half with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Then into 4 quarters, take each set and cut into thin long strips.
2. Measure the sauces and keep it ready. Then chop onion, garlic and coriander leaves finely. Also cut carrot, capsicum and cabbage length wise / julienne or as per desire.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, onion and fry for a while in high flame. Then add carrot, capsicum, cabbage and saute for 1/2 minute in high flame. Don’t over cook the veggies, it should retain its crunchiness.
4. Now add sugar, green chilli sauce and soy sauce.
5. Then add vinegar, chapati strips and red chilli sauce.
6. Add very little salt, as chapati and sauces have added salt in it. Then add pepper powder and give a toss in high flame. Just toss for 1/2 minute and garnish with spring onion or coriander leaves.
Serve chapati noodles with tomato sauce.
1. Veggies like cauliflower, mushroom and even paneer can be added.
2. Yellow and red coloured capsicum can be used to make it colourful.
3. For more spiciness, 2 green chilli can be used for this leftover chapathi recipes.
4. Don’t overcook the veggies / half cooked only, it should retain its crunchiness.
5. Sugar helps the veggies to retain the colour and crunchiness.
6. Use olive oil for perfect chinese flavour, but I used regular cooking oil only.
7. For more flavour, 1 tsp of pav bhaji masala powder can be used.
8. For South Indian style, 1 tsp of sambar powder can be added for this chapati noodles recipe.
9. Use white pepper powder for a perfect chinese style, but I used black pepper powder only.
10. Use leftover chapathi only, as fresh ones becomes soggy while cooking.
11. Don’t cut / chop chapati too small as it becomes mushy when cooking. It should be lengthier to get the noodles look.
12. Use spring onions at last for perfect chinese version. If you don’t have in hand use coriander leaves or celery.
13 .Chapati and sauces have added salt in it, so add very little salt.
Leave a Reply