This Kondakadalai Sundal / Chickpea Sundal is usually served as prasadam during festivals like Navarathri and Ganesh Chathurthi in temples and homes after completing pooja. This is Channa Sundal recipe can be replaced with any type of legumes too. This post is with stepwise pics and a short YouTube video. If you like my video, please SUBSCRIBE to my youtube channel.
Check out my other Sundal recipes like
1. Black Channa Sundal
2. Pachai Pattani Sundal
3. Beach / Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal
4. Peanut Sundal Recipe
Channa Sundal Recipe | Kondakadalai Sundal | Chickpea Sundal
- 1 Cup White Channa / கொண்டைக்கடலை
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut / துருவிய தேங்காய்
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves / கருவேப்பில்லை
- Salt / உப்பு (To Taste)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / கடுகு
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal / உளுத்தம்பருப்பு
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / சீரகம்
- 2 to 3 Red Chilli / வரமிளகாய்
- 2 Pinch Hing / பெருங்காயம்
- 2 tsp Oil / எண்ணெய்
- Soak Channa overnight or for at least 8 hours. Wash and pressure cook channa with water and salt for 3 to 4 whistles. Drain water.
- Heat Oil in a kadai and temper the items listed under the table ‘To Temper’. Now add cooked channa, salt and cook for a while. Switch off flame, add grated coconut and mix well.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve this Channa Sundal hot.
Tips for Kondakadalai Sundal1. Adjust red chilli's as per your spice level for this kondakadalai Sundal.
2. Add hing powder generously which enhances the flavour of the Chickpea Sundal.
3. Adding salt while pressure cooking, prevents overcooking of channa.
4. For more flavour, one small piece of ginger can be grinded along with coconut for this Channa Sundal Recipe. It helps in digestion also.
Method for Kondakadalai Sundal
1. Soak Channa overnight or for at least 8 hours. Wash and pressure cook channa with water and salt for 3 to 4 whistles. Drain water.
2. Heat Oil in a kadai and temper the items listed under the table ‘To Temper’. Now add cooked channa, salt and cook for a while. Switch off flame, add grated coconut and mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve this Chickpea Sundal hot.
Leave a Reply