Carrot Poriyal / Carrot Stir Fry Recipe is a very simple and easiest poriyal, but it tastes yummy too with hot steamed rice and Sambar. I was reluctant to post this basic recipe, but I thought it would be helpful for beginners and bachelors.
Check my other Poriyal / Stir Fry Recipes like
1. Okra / Vendakkai Poriyal
2. Raw Banana / Vazhakkai Podimas
3. Carrot Beans Poriyal
4. Drumstick Leaves / Murungai keerai Poriyal
5. Beetroot Thoran Kerala Style
6. Cabbage Green Peas Poriyal
Carrot Poriyal | Carrot Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 Big Onion
- 3 Carrot
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1.5 tsp Sambar Powder Link for Sambar powder
- 2 tbsp Moong Dal (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Pinch Hing
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Peel the skin of carrot, wash and chop onion and carrots finely. Soak moong dal in water for 1/2 an hour. Drain the water.
- Heat the kadai and temper with the items given under the table 'To Temper'. Add onion, green chilli's and fry till transparent.
Method for Carrot Stir Fry
1. Peel the skin of carrot, wash and chop onion and carrots finely. Soak moong dal in water for 1/2 an hour. Drain the water.
2. Heat the kadai and temper with the items given under the table ‘To Temper‘. Add onion, green chilli’s and fry till transparent.
3. Now add carrot, Sambar powder and salt. Sprinkle little water and add soaked moong dal. Cook covered for 5-6 minutes in low flame. Finally, add grated coconut and mix well.
Serve this simple carrot poriyal recipe with hot rice and Sambar.
1. You can omit moong dal and add grated coconut only for Carrot Stir Fry.
2. Add a pinch of sugar while cooking, to retain the colour of the veggie.