This Carrot Kheer Recipe / Carrot Payasam is a rich yummy dessert that can be prepared in few minutes. It is an easy and delicious Ramzan / New year / Navratri recipe dish that will become one of your go to do dessert recipes for all occasion. It is also a kids friendly recipe that even fuzzy kids who hates carrots, becomes an addict to this kheer. Carrots are rich in beta- carotene which is converted into vitamin A and is good for eye vision. Also carrot helps to prevent cancer, anti-ageing and gives a healthy glowing skin.
1. You can also pressure cook the carrots with milk, mash it and go with ahead with the recipe.
2. Another version, grate the carrots and saute in ghee until it shrinks and proceed the recipe as same.
3. I didn’t used any food colour. Choose deep orange colour and sweet carrots for this Carrot Payasam.
4. For more healthier version, sugar can be replaced with jaggery.
5. Condensed milk gives a creamy texture to this carrot kheer recipe.
6. You can also use little coconut milk at the end, but don’t boil after adding coconut milk, it gets curdled.
7. 2 tblsp of khoya / mawa, can be added at last step for a rich version.