This Gajar Ka Halwa recipe is an yummy Indian dessert, which tastes delicious when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There are so many methods to prepare this halwa, but I have shared a simple version only. This Carrot Halwa Recipe is the last post for this year that I am sharing in my blog, see you all with new interesting recipes next year.
Wish all my viewers a Happy and prosperous New Year 2018.
1. Use fresh, tender and juicy carrots for good taste.
2. Use Delhi carrots for vibrant and red coloured carrot halwa recipe.
3. I used normal vegetable grater, but it takes time. You can use food processor to quicken the process.
4. I used full fat milk, so didn’t use khova. If preferred, use 1/4 cup at the final stage, it thickens the halwa fast.
5. Use a heavy bottomed pan / non stick pan otherwise the halwa gets burnt at the bottom.
6. Also saute the carrots well (step 3) in ghee, to avoid the raw smell of the veggie.
7. Ensure the carrots are cooked completely before adding sugar, else it wont gets cooked afterwards.
8. Addition of condensed milk is optional, but it enriches the taste of gajar ka halwa recipe.
9. This halwa stays good for 1 week under refrigeration, serve it either warm or chilled.