A simple brinjal fry recipe with step by step pic and a short YouTube video for the Monday morning. It can be easily prepared in minutes and always a winning pair with curd rice, lemon rice, tomato rasam, drumstick sambar etc…I have made this ennai kathirikkai fry recipe a million times but didn’t share it in my blog. The first thought that was striking me was, the recipe is so easy and I was reluctant to make it as a post. But I think it will be helpful for beginners in kitchen and bachelors.
Checkout my youtube video for this recipe
Brinjal fry recipe can be easily prepared in mins and made this ennai kathirikkai fry a million times. Hope it will be helpful for beginners & bachelors.
- 1/4 Kg Brinjal
- 1 Onion
- 2 Pods Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sambar Powder Link for Sambar powder
- Salt As Required
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Channa Dal
- 1 Generous Pinch Hing
- 1 Red Chilli
- Few Curry Leaves
Rinse brinjal well, discard the stem part and chop it lengthwise or into cubes. Keep immersed in water till use, to avoid decolouration. Then measure and keep all the other ingredients ready.
Chop the onion finely and crush garlic. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, jeera and channa dal.
Then add hing, curry leaves and red chilli. Add crushed garlic, onion and saute till transparent.
Now add brinjal, turmeric powder and required salt.
Then add chilli powder and sambar powder. Pour very little water and mix everything well.
2. I chopped the brinjal lengthwise, you can also chop it into circles or cubes.
3. Always keep the veggie immersed in water till use, to avoid decolouration.
4. This brinjal fry recipe, can be made plain without onion and garlic too.
5. Adjust chilli powder as per spice level preferred for this ennai kathirikkai fry.
6. Don’t overcook the brinjal, else it turns mushy. Just add very little water and cook it.
7. Add oil, hing and curry leaves generously for a tasty and flavourful brinjal fry.
8. You can also use green coloured brinjal to make this fry.