Mezhukkupuratti is a style of preparation of vegetarian dishes in Kerala, especially in Central Travancore. The veggie is blanched and blended with onion – garlic paste with added chilli for spiciness (Source : Wiki). I have tasted this beans Mezhukkupuratti recipe in Onam Sadhya feast in restaurants but this is the first time, I am preparing in my home for blogging sake. This Kerala style beans stir fry is a simple recipe with just few ingredients, but it has an tongue smacking taste. We had it with Kerala Style Parippu Curry and felt like that Onam festival has come in advance in our home.
If interested check out my other onam recipes….
1. Use fresh beans, also remove the fibre part and chop 1/2″ into even sized pieces not small.
2. Also cook the beans in very less water and don’t turn it mushy .
3. If preferred, few coconut pieces can be added for more taste for this beans mezhukkupuratti recipe.
4. Tempering in coconut oil is a must for this kerala style beans stir fry.
5. Ensure the shallots paste is cooked till the raw smell leaves and never make it dry.
6. Don’t cook the beans for long time, just saute and blend with the shallots paste. It should look glossy, moist and little crunchy.
7. Beans can be replaced with long beans, okra, raw banana, yam, carrot etc.