Green Coconut Chutney Recipe with step by step pics and a short YouTube video. If you like my video, please don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel. This Bangalore Hotel Style Coconut Chutney is very famous in restaurants, small hotels or even in roadside food carts throughout Karnataka, especially in Bangalore. They serve this chutney with almost all the breakfast recipes like Idli, Rava Idli, Dosa, Masala Dosa, Vada, Mysore Bonda, Goli Baje etc. I have tried this chutney recipe with lot and lot of alteration every time, I couldn’t crack it, though, I am here in Bangalore for more than 7+ years and I have tasted it in all the hotels like Udupi, Sagar, Brahmins Coffee bar so many times. Once I asked a cook in a small food joint and gave me the recipe approximately, then I got the clew. The main secret is to use mature coconut, grind it little coarsely but coriander leaves and coconut proportion should be balanced well.
Check my other Chutney Recipes Using Coconut like
- Red Chilli Coconut Chutney
- Thick Coconut Chutney / Getti Chutney
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu Chutney
- Coconut / Thengai Chutney
Bangalore Hotel Style Coconut Chutney | Green Coconut Chutney Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Grated coconut / துருவிய தேங்காய்
- 1/4 Cup Fried Grams / பொட்டுக்கடலை
- 3 to 4 Green Chilli / பச்சைமிளகாய்
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera / ஜீரகம்
- 1 Small Piece Tamarind / புளி
- 2 to 3 Flakes Garlic / பூண்டு
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves / கொத்தமல்லி இலை
- 5 Curry Leaves / கருவேப்பில்லை
- 4 Mint Leaves / புதினா
- 1 Pinch Turmeric Powder / மஞ்சள்தூள்
- 1 Pinch Sugar / சக்கரை
- Salt / உப்பு As Required
- 2 tsp Oil / எண்ணெய்
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / கடுகு
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal / உளுத்தம்பருப்பு
- 1 Byadagi Chilli / பியடிகை மிளகாய்
- First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Clean coriander leaves, mint leaves, curry leaves and peel the skin of garlic.
- To a mixer, coconut, fried gram, green chilli, tamarind, garlic, jeera, coriander, mint and curry leaves. Then add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Now add required salt and grind it once.
- Pour very little water and grind it coarsely or watery as per preference.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, once it cracks, add urad dal and chilli. Fry a little and pour it over the ground chutney.
- Serve this Green Coconut Chutney Recipe with Vermicelli Upma.
Tips for Green Coconut Chutney Recipe1. Fried gram and grated coconut can be used in equal quantity also.
2. Adjust green chilli and garlic flakes as per spiciness and flavour required.
3. Don't increase jeera / cumin seeds more than mentioned, as it changes the whole flavour.
4. Turmeric powder lends a bright green colour to the Bangalore Hotel Style Coconut Chutney.
5. Addition of sugar elevates the taste of the Green Coconut Chutney Recipe, so don't skip it.
6. Also, don't add mint or curry leaves more, the quantity of coriander leaves should be high.
7. This chutney can be ground to thick or made watery as per preference, but it should be slightly coarse.
8. In hotels, they grind everything, add coriander leaves at last and pulse it once, so the leaves will be seen here and there, you can follow that method too.
Method for Bangalore Hotel Style Coconut Chutney
1. First, measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Clean coriander leaves, mint leaves, curry leaves and peel the skin of garlic.
2. To a mixer, coconut, fried gram, green chilli, tamarind, garlic, jeera, coriander, mint and curry leaves. Then add a pinch of turmeric powder.
3. Now add required salt and grind it once.
4. Pour very little water and grind it coarsely or watery as per preference.
5. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, once it cracks, add urad dal and chilli. Fry a little and pour it over the ground chutney.
Serve this Green Coconut Chutney Recipe with Vermicelli Upma.
Leave a Reply