This Badam Kheer Recipe is a very yummy, rich Indian dessert, prepared with almonds, milk, flavoured with cardamoms and enriched with saffrons. This Almond kheer Recipe is a simple dessert, yet tastes delicious when served chilled after a heavy lunch or dinner. It is loved by all irrespective of ages, especially kids as they don’t identify the almonds in the kheer and it is very healthy too undoubtedly.
1. Cashews and almonds can be used in equal proportion to prepare this badam kheer recipe. There will be no difference in taste.
2. Adjust sugar as per sweetness preferred for this almond kheer recipe.
3. 1/8 cup of condensed milk can be used which lends creamy texture, but reduce the sugar level.
4. Cardamoms can be replaced with 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
5. I suggest to grind the cardamoms with almonds, as it gives more flavour.
6. Use good quality almonds and saffron.
7. For bright colour, 1 pinch of yellow food colour can be used. But I didn’t used any food colour.
8. Switch off flame, when the kheer is in slight running consistency itself, as it thickens with time.
9. To adjust consistency, add little chilled milk at the time of serving.
10. Always prepare this kheer 2 hours prior to serving, so the flavours get infused well.
11. Shelf life of this badam kheer is 2 to 3 days under refrigeration.
12. For badam drink mix powder: Just dry roast the almonds, powder it with sugar, cardamoms and saffron. Mix the required quantity with chilled milk and enjoy it.