Vermicelli Kesari | Semiya Kesari Recipe
Semiya Kesari or Vermicelli Kesari is a sweet made with vermicelli, sugar, ghee and garnished with cashews and raisins. This is the most simple and easiest recipe that even beginners can prepare. Even bachelors can give a try. After marriage when I was left alone in the kitchen, the first sweet that I tried was this Semiya Kesari. It was truly a kitchen disaster because I added the sugar before the vermicelli got cooked, and the end result was an utter flop. When I prepared this for my blog, I was recollecting the old funny memories. Do try this Vermicelli Kesari for this Navarathri.
1. Don’t burn the vermicelli while roasting, it will spoil the whole taste of kesari.
2. Water ratio varies, depends on the thickness of vermicelli. I used thin vermicelli and the water ratio is 1 : 1.5
3. For thick vermicelli water ratio is 1 : 2.
4. Semiya Kesari doesn’t require more ghee like Rava kesari.
5. Always add sugar once the vermicelli is cooked or else the kesari will turn chewy.
6. Addition of saffron enhances the taste of this vermicelli kesari.
7. You can also cook the semiya kesari in milk.