Vegetable Fried Rice | Chinese Veg Fried Rice
This Vegetable Fried Rice / Chinese Veg Fried Rice is the most popular and common Indo – Chinese Recipe found everywhere as a fast food and street food also. Though it is loaded with veggies, kids have this rice without any complaints because of its amazing taste.The most great thing about this rice is that you can alter the ingredients and use the available veggies in hand. Olive oil, MonoSodiumGultamate / Ajinimoto and shredded cabbage lends a great flavour to the rice. But never add Ajinimoto (due to its side effects) which is the main ingredient in the Chinese cuisine. If you have chopped veggies and any left over rice, this recipe can be prepared within 10 minutes.
1. Any left over rice can also be used, but I recommend to use basmati rice which adds more taste and flavour.
2. Always cool down the rice completely before cooking, else the rice grains break while tossing.
3. Rice should be non-sticky without any lumps and should be aldente, that is half cooked.
4. Also add oil generously, else the veggies get burnt while tossing in high flame.
5. You can replace olive oil with sesame oil or any sunflower oil too.
6. Adding ajinomoto gives a restaurant touch to the fried rice, but always skip it due to the ill effects of ajinomoto.
7. Veggies choice and quantity is purely optional, even mushrooms, cauliflower, corn etc can be used.
8. Addition of cabbage, capsicum and spring onions is a must, which lends a original chinese veg fried rice.
9. After adding veggies cook on high flame which gives a smoky / char aroma to the vegetable fried rice.
10. If you are planning to serve for kids 2 tsp of tomato sauce can be used, which gives a slight sweetness to the rice.
11. For spicy taste, 2 tsp of green chilli sauce / red chilli sauce can be added. But there will be a change in colour.
12. Addition of sugar is a must. White pepper powder can be replaced with whole crushed pepper / black pepper powder.