This Veg kurma recipe / Vegetable korma recipe is a typical south Indian style prepared with lot of veggies, coconut as base and tempered with a burst of aromatic spices. This tastes so similar to the ones served in restaurants, as the addition of cashews lends a very rich taste. It’s a perfect side dish for chapati, poori, parotta and even for or ghee rice too. Don’t get stammered, to prepare this gravy at the glance of the ingredients itself. If some pre-preparation work is finished before starting, it is so easy to cook.
Vegetable Korma Recipe
Checkout my stepwise youtube video for this recipe
Veg Kurma Recipe | Vegetable Korma Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Side dish /Gravy Preparation + Cook Time: 50 minutes | Serves : 3 to 4
1. Rinse and chop all the veggies. Also chop onion, tomato and slit green chilli.
2. In a mixer, grind all the ingredients given in the table ‘To grind’. Grind it to a smooth paste by adding water little by little.
3. Heat oil in a pan and temper with items listed in the table ‘To Temper ‘. Add onion, saute till transparent and add ginger garlic paste. Then add tomatoes and saute again until mushy.
4. Add all the veggies, turmeric powder, chilli powder and required salt. Also saute for a while till the raw smell of the veggies leaves. 5. Pour 1 cup of water and cover it with a lid. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes in medium flame. 6. Once the veggies get cooked, pour the grinded paste. Let it boil in simmer, till the paste and the veggies blend well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves. This korma should not be watery or too thick.
Serve this Vegetable korma with poori or chapathi.
Veg Kurma Recipe
1. Veggies choice is purely optional. I used carrot, beans, potato, peas and cauliflower.
2. For variation mushroom, paneer or soya chunks can be used.
3. Adjust Chilli powder, green chilli as per your spice level for this vegetable korma recipe.
4. Fried gram dal can be used instead of cashews. But cashews gives richness to the dish. 5. If using dried peas, soak for minimum 3 hours or over night and then use it. 6. Don’t skip any spices or curry leaves in tempering, which lends the whole aroma for this veg kurma recipe . 7. Add the grinded paste, only after the veggies get cooked. 8. You can skip coconut in grinding part, and add coconut milk also. 9. For more tanginess, lemon juice can be squeezed at last.