How about tomato chutney with flavour of mint leaves? This Tomato Mint Chutney Recipe / Thakkali Pudina Chutney is such a versatile chutney that it goes very well with idli, dosa, chapathi and a spread for sandwich also. I am not going to write more on this post today as I got into high viral fever. Lets go the recipe..
Check my youtube video on how to make tomato mint chutney
1. Red chilli can be replaced with green chilli also.
2. Adjust red chilli as per your spice level for this Tomato Mint chutney recipe.
2. For variation coriander leaves can be replaced for mint leaves but the flavour will be missing.
3. Use deep red colour and ripe tomatoes for tasty chutney.
4. If you want the chutney to be more on greener side reduce the tomatoes and increase the mint leaves.
5. If you skip coconut, this chutney stays good for 1 week under refrigeration.
6. This chutney can be used as a spread for sandwich also.
7. For more flavour, use jeera for tempering.
8. Don’t skip tamarind as it enhances the taste and gives little tanginess to this thakkali pudina chutney