Thengaipaal Sadam Recipe | Coconut Milk Pulao | Coconut Milk Rice
Please follow and like us:
Thengaipaal Sadam / Coconut Milk Rice is a variety of plain briyani cooked in coconut milk. It can also be named as kuska rice. This is an authentic dish of Tamilnadu mostly know to people in southern part of Tamilnadu. It is also an one pot meal, very flavourful with the taste of coconut milk and taste delicious when paired with a spicy veg kurma.
Checkout for my 50th post this Monday !!!
Thengaipaal Sadam | Coconut Milk Pulao | Coconut Milk Rice
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Main Course / Rice Varieties
Preparation + Cook Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 2 to 3
- Basmati Rice – 1cup
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Big Onion – 2
- Green Chilli – 3 to 4
- Mint Leaves – 1 handful
- Garlic – 10 flakes
- Salt – To Taste
- Oil/Ghee – 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Elaichi- 2
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1
- Stone Mass / Kal pasi – 2 pinch
1. Soak basmati rice in water for 1/2 hour. Wash rice and drain water. Meanwhile chop onions, garlic and slit green chillies. Clean mint leaves. 2. Extract coconut milk with lukewarm water. Heat ghee in a kadai, and temper the ingredients given in the table ‘To Temper’. Let it emanate nice smell. Now add onion and fry till transparent.
1. Always use fresh coconut for coconut milk.
2. Store bought coconut milk can also be used, but homemade coconut milk gives a better taste.
3. You can also use jeera rice, instead of basmati rice for Thengaipaal Sadam.
4. Use only coconut milk while cooking which gives a rich taste. Don’t add water.
Coconut Milk Rice