Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun Recipe | Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun
Sweet potato gulab jamun / Shakarkandi ke gulab jamun is a dessert made with sweet potato, maida and sugar. I have heard about this sweet potato gulab jamun recipe but this the first time I am trying my hands on this. It is also an vegan version and you can prepare this in an ease as it requires minimal ingredients only. I was bit confused about the taste but it was so delicious like other traditional jamuns. Try this dessert for Diwali, if you are running short of time, as this recipe is instantaneous.
1. Sweet potatoes should be mashed well without any small pieces or chunk.
2. Don’t add maida / all purpose flour more, else the jamuns turn hard.
3. Also don’t roll the balls tightly, otherwise jamun will become hard.
4. Always fry the jamuns in medium flame,so it gets cooked inside.
5. Sweet potatoes can be replaced with regular potatoes.
6. Do not add the jamun’s when the sugar syrup is hot, It shrinks in size.