Kara Ammini Kozhukattai or Mini Kozhukattai or Mani Kozhukattai is a healthy and lite snack made with rice flour. The only time consuming part is rolling them into small balls. We can make plain and sweet versions also using the same steamed balls. This Ammini Kozhukattai is familiar in TamilNadu and try this kozhukattai for Ganesh Chathurthi which falls on 5th Sep, 2016.
Please checkout my other Ganesh Chathurthi related recipes below:
Kovil Sakkarai Pongal
Black Channa Sundal
Channa Sundal Recipe | Kondakadalai Sundal | Chickpea Sundal
Kovil Puliyodharai | Temple Style Puliyodharai
Lemon Rice Recipe
Coconut Ladoo Recipe
Ulundu Vadai | Medhu Vadai
1. I used store bought rice flour, brand name is Organic Tattva. Homemade rice flour can also be used.
2. Use gingelly oil for this recipe, which gives an unique taste to the Kara Ammini Kozhukattai.
3. Make only small sized balls, so that the spice powder will be absorbed and coated well in the kozhukattai.
4. Don’t steam the kozhukattai for more than 8 to 10 minutes or else it will become hard and rubbery.
5. For simple version, skip roast and grinding the spices. Use idly milagai podi and go ahead with the recipe.