Peanut Chutney Recipe | Groundnut Chutney | Kadalai Chutney
Peanut Chutney or Groundnut Chutney is more or less similar to coconut chutney. Addition of peanuts gives an extra nutty flavor to this chutney. Peanuts have an extremely high source of protein, lowers bad cholesterol and the antioxidants present in the peanuts reduces the chance of stroke. Peanuts are easily available throughout the year and found everywhere in India. This Kadalai Chutney tastes so good with Idli, dosa and can be had as a Thogayal for variety rices also.
1. Adjust red chilli according to your spice level.
2. You can replace red chillie with green chillies.
3. Don’t skip tamarind which enhances the taste of the Groundnut chutney.
4. Garlic pods can be substituted with a piece of ginger.
5. Remove the skin of peanuts or else it will give a bitter taste .some prefer to grind with the skin.
6. Don’t use raw groundnuts,always dry roast and grind it.
7. You can skip coconut, add 3 to 4 shallots just saute and grind it with other ingredients.