Papaya Halwa Recipe | Halwa Recipes
Papaya Halwa is a very simple Indian Sweet made with ripe Papaya and also it requires very less ingredients. I know many of us don’t like papaya 🙂 , then this is an apt way for people like us to consume this fruit. Although there are lot of Papaya trees in my parents home in Trichy, till today I have not tasted a single piece of Papaya fruit. From my childhood my parents force me to eat this fruit, but my reaction will be weird at the first sight of this fruit. Recently my sister sent me a big Papaya from her organic farm here in Bangalore, but I told a big no no to this fruit. But she gave me the idea to try this Halwa recipe. After finishing the preparation, I was confused whether to taste or not, but finally made my mind and tasted a spoon of this halwa. I was really surprised with the taste and the texture was melt in mouth. I could not find the smell or traces of papaya and it was absolutely delicious like other halwa recipe.
1. Papaya can also be grated or pureed. I used ripe papaya so just chopped, mashed and proceeded with the process.
2. Milk can be replaced with 1 tblsp of almond powder, unsweetened khoya or milk powder.
3. Shelf life of the halwa is 1 week under refrigeration, stays good for 2 days if kept outside.
4. Adjust sugar accordingly to the sweetness of the papaya.
5. 1/2 tblsp of rice flour, corn flour or maida can be added for quick thickening of halwa.
6. Also don’t overcook the halwa, it becomes chewy. Switch off the flame when its in slightly flowing consistency itself.