Palkova is a delicious sweet made with milk and sugar. The most simplest sweet but a test for your patience. As most of you know Srivilliputhur in TamilNadu is famous for Palkova. It is said that milk is boiled with fire wood stoves and fed with some cashew nut shells. Do try this Palkova for this Gokulashtami and offer to Lord Krishna.
1. Do the whole process in low or medium flame after the milk reduces in quantity.
2. Continue the stirring until it is finished or else it gets burnt at the bottom and spoil the whole flavour.
3. For more grainy texture, add a tblsp of curd after adding sugar.
4. You can also add few saffron threads or cashews fried in ghee but it is optional only.
5. Don’t overcook till dry, it should have little moisture otherwise, palkova becomes chewy and hard.