Mango Mousse Recipe | Eggless and easy Mango Mousse
Please follow and like us:
A Mousse is a food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It actually originated from French cuisine. Mousses are mostly prepared with egg whites, gelatin or agar-agar for setting. But this is a simple version with just three ingredients. Try this Mango Mousse for parties or any celebration and surprise your guests.
Recipe Cuisine: Universal | Recipe Category: Dessert
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Setting Time: 2 to 3 hours | Serves: 3 to 4
- Mango puree – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tblsp
1. Peal the skin of the mango. Chop into cubes, grind it in a mixer with sugar until smooth (reserve some puree for serving). Keep by side.
2. In a bowl, add fresh cream, whip it up with a blender or in hand with a wire whisk. Whisk it until smooth. Now the cream would have increased in volume (Don’t over whisk the cream or else it gets curdled and you will get butter).
3. Then add the mango puree and fold it gently.
4, Take the serving glass and pour about 1 tblsp of mango puree as first layer. Then pour fresh cream-mango mixer as second layer.
5. Chill the glass in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until it sets.
Garnish with mango pieces or any fruits. Serve it chilled.
1. Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of the mango.
2. I used Nilgiris fresh cream.
3. Don’t over beat the cream or else it gets curdled, just soft and peak consistency is enough.
4. Shelf life of the Mango Mousse is 2 to 3 days under refrigeration.