Maida Murukku Recipe | Maida Murukku
Murukku made from maida / all purpose flour isn’t interesting? Yes, right. Usually murukku or chakli is prepared with rice and some lentils. But these traditional one’s needs some lengthy preparation work like rinsing the rice, drying for few hours and grinding the rice in flour mills etc. But this maida murukku is an instant version that you can try this as a last minute diwali snack. Usually this maida murukku will be little whitish in colour and has a melt in mouth texture. Do try this maida murukku recipe for the diwali and have a great time !!!
1. Always steam the maida, else the murukku will be hard. Don’t use the maida directly.
2. Breaking the lumps in a mixer, makes the process more easier. If you are doing in small batch, you can break it with your hands too.
3. Do not break the flour immediately after steaming, allow it to cool and then break it.
4. For spicy version, add chilli powder, it also gives colour to the murukku. I didn’t use.
5. Always cover the dough with a wet cloth, so it doesn’t dry and it will be easy to press.
6. You can use thaenkuzhal achu (dye) also for this murukku.
7. Do the whole frying process in medium flame, so the murukku gets cooked inside also.
8. For healthier version, maida can be replaced with wheat flour.