Lemon Rice is a very simple variety rice next to curd rice. In Tamil Nadu cuisine, we make this Lemon Rice for Kaanum Pongal and Aadi 18 along with other variety rices.This is also known as ‘Elumichai Sadham’ in Tamil and it is an apt recipe for travel too with any pickle.
- You can also use any one type of chilli for tempering.
- Adjust lemon juice and chillies as per your taste for the Lemon Rice.
- You can use any rice like basmati rice, long grain rice or even leftover rice to make this Lemon Rice.
- Always switch off flame before adding lemon juice or else it will taste bitter and the vitamins in the lemon juice will be lost.
- Add turmeric powder generously for bright colour, hing and curry leaves for nice aroma.