This Kovil Sakkarai Pongal / Sweet Pongal Recipe is my first post in www.asmallbite.com and hence thought of posting this traditional sweet recipe. As an amateur in the blogging world, I have tried to provide this simple recipe with step-wise pictures and hope this will be useful to all. Please share your valuable comments in this blog so that it will be helpful to improve my blog.
1. Don’t add edible camphor or nutmeg powder more than mentioned, it gives bitterness to the Sweet pongal recipe.
2. Use ‘Paagu Vellam’ to get dark colour pongal
3. Use good quality ghee for nice flavour. Also add little more ghee than mentioned to get soft and rich pongal.
4. Add little warm milk if the pongal is dry.
5. Old rice require more water, new rice need little less water, so add water accordingly.