Kaima Parotta Recipe | Hotel Style Kaima Parotta
This kaima parotta recipe is so famous in South India that we can see this dish in menu cards of almost all restaurants. It is different from chilli parotta or kothu parotta as this dish is loaded with lot of veggies. For this hotel style kaima parotta, onions, tomato, veggies are sauted in oil generously and some grinded masala paste / kurma is added to give a final touch. Then parotta’s are chopped into small pieces and tossed in the masala paste and garnished with coriander leaves. Whenever I dine at a restaurant, I used to order either Kothu Parotta or this kaima parotta. But nowadays I am bored eating this dish at hotels and started preparing this on my own for the last two years.
Check out my Parotta chalna recipe for side dish to this recipe.
1. I used ready made parotta. You can also use homemade parotta.
2. For healthy version wheat parotta or chapathi can be used.
3. For hotel style kaima parotta recipe, parotta’s can be deep fried in oil.
4. Veggies choice is purely optional.
5. Don’t skip cashew in the grinding part, it gives nice taste to this kaima parotta recipe.
6. Kalpasi gives a very nice flavour, don’t skip it.
7. For extra spiciness, add 1/2 tsp of pepper powder at the end.
8. You can skip the veggies, add required eggs and make it as Egg parotta / Muttai parotta.