How to Make Soft Chapati | Soft Chapati Recipe
How to make soft chapati / soft chapati recipe is a biggest worry to all beginners in kitchen and even bachelors. As people have become more health conscious nowadays and chapati have become a staple food everywhere, making soft chapati is really a big challenge. But there are little tricks to get soft chapati. The first one is kneading the dough, second is giving resting time to the dough and the last trick purely depends on rolling it. When I was a begginer in kitchen, If I say the word ‘chapati ‘ hubby used to run miles away. He tells a story, when he was doing his engineering studies and weekly once they serve chapati in their hostel mess. At that moment, most of the hostelites get disappeared and go to the near by hotels or street side shops. From that time he names chapati as ‘lorry tyre’. After few trials and errors, I learnt the tricks and nowadays chapati has become my hubby’s favourite one.
1. Water quantity slightly varies on the atta used, so adjust accordingly. I used homemade atta.
2. Don’t pour all the water at a time, just add little by little.
3. Curd gives softness to the chapati, also don’t use sour curd.
4. Curd can also be replaced with warm milk for this soft chapati recipe.
5. If the dough becomes too sticky, add little more flour and knead again.
6. If the dough becomes dry, add few drops of oil / ghee and knead again.
7. Addition of sugar enhances the taste of the chapati .
8. Kneading the dough for few minutes and resting time for the dough is very important. It lends very soft chapati.
9. Also don’t use more flour while rolling, else it turns the chapati dry.
10. Roll the dough balls uniformly and evenly without any holes, else the chapati won’t puff up.
11. Chapati should be made in medium flame. If done in high flame, it doesn’t gets cooked inside and turns crispy.
12. The dough can be stored in fridge for 2 days. For storing apply little oil over the dough, cover it with a damp wet cloth and keep it in an air tight container.
13. Gingelly oil can be replaced with olive oil or any other oil.
14. Dough can be kneaded with warm water also which is a simple trick to yield soft chapati.