Pachai Pattani Sundal | Green Peas Sundal Recipe | Navaratri Recipes
Please follow and like us:
Green Peas Sundal or Pachai Pattani Sundal is a very healthy and simple sundal. As Navaratri / Dussera is celebrated for 9 days, usually different types of sundal is prepared on each day as prasadham. This post was lying in my draft for a long time so thought of adding it to a part of Navaratri Recipes. I made a spicy version, if you are bored of regular sundal, you can give a try to this spicy green peas sundal.
Green Peas Sundal
Green Peas Sundal | Pachai Pattani Sundal | Navaratri Recipes
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Sundal Recipes / Snacks
Preparation + Cook Time: 8 Hours + 20 minutes | Serves: 2 to 3
- Dry Green Peas – 1 cup
- Salt – As Required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli – 1
- Hing – 2 generous pinch
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprig
To Roast and Grind
- Channa Dal – 1.5 tblsp
- Coriander Seeds / Powder – 1/2 tblsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli – 2 to 3
- Grated Coconut – 1 tblsp
1. Soak dry green peas in water, overnight or for atleast 8 hours. Pressure cook with water and salt for 3 whistles. Drain the water. Heat a pan and dry roast with all the ingredients (except coconut) given in the table ‘To Roast and Grind’. Switch off flame.
Pachai Pattani Sundal
1. Adjust red chilli according to your spice level to this Green Peas Sundal.
2. Red chilli’s can be replaced with green chillies while grinding.
3. Add hing and curry leaves generously which gives nice flavour to this Pachai Pattani Sundal.
4. Addition of salt while pressure cooking prevents the green peas from overcooked or becoming mushy.