Gobi Pakoras Recipe | Cauliflower Pakoda
Please follow and like us:
This Gobi Pakoras is served in most of the restaurants as an appetizer or starter. Pakoras is a perfect tea time snack also or else you can serve this as a side dish for rice. We just need a handful of ingredients to taste these crispy Gobi Pakoras.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Snack / Starter
Preparation + Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2 to 3
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
- Maida – ½ cup
- Corn flour – ¼ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tblsp
- Red Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red food colour – 1 pinch (optional)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Cooking Soda – 2 pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – To fry
1. Cut and clean cauliflower into florets. Boil water with salt and turmeric in a kadai and add cleaned florets. Boil for a minute. Drain water.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients given in the table above, except oil. Add the drained florets. Sprinkle little water, and make sure that florets and flour is well binded. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.Heat oil in a kadai and drop the florets in the Oil. Fry them on all sides and drain it in kitchen towel. Enjoy with tomato or chilli sauce.
1. Always check the oil temperature before frying.
2. Don’t add cooking soda more than mentioned or else pakoras absorbs too much of oil.
3. You can also add ajwain / jeera powder to the batter which helps in digestion.