Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe | Cauliflower Manchurian
Please follow and like us:
Gobi Manchurian Dry
This Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe is a fusion of Indo Chinese cuisine. You can prepare this dish as dry version as well as gravy. This manchurian recipe is always a winning combo with fried rice and noodles. We can see this recipe in the menu cards of star hotels to road side shops.
Dry Gobi Manchurian
Recipe cuisine – Indo Chinese
Recipe category – Side dish / Starter
Preparation + cooking time – 50 Mins
Serves – 2 or 3
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
- Oil – For Deep frying
- Water – To parboil florets
- Salt – As needed
For the Batter
- All purpose flour / Maida – 4 tblsp
- Corn flour – 2 tblsp
- Rice flour – ½ tblsp
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder /chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Cooking Soda – 1 pinch
- Red food colour – 1 pinch (Optional)
- Salt and Water – As needed
For the Sauce
- White part of spring onion- 1 tblsp
- Capsicum – 2 tblsp chopped
- Garlic – 6 to 7 pods
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tblsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Green part of Spring onion – 4 to 5 sprigs
- Salt – To taste
1. Cut and clean cauliflower into florets. Boil water with salt in a kadai and add cleaned florets. Boil for a minute, Drain the florets. This step is to get rid of worms and it is optional. Chop onion, garlic, ginger, capsicum, white and green parts of spring onions separately.
2. In a bowl, mix the items given in the table ‘For the Batter’. Add water little by little to make a smooth batter. The batter should not be too thick or in running consistency. Batter should coat the florets well.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and dip the florets in the batter and deep fry them. Drain it in kitchen towel. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, ginger, white part of spring onion and fry for a while.
4. Now add onion, capsicum and saute until it shrinks.Then add sauces, pepper powder, sugar and salt.
5. Finally add the fried florets, green part of spring onion and toss well. Ensure that sauce coats the florets well.
Serve this Dry Gobi Manchurian hot as a starter or with fried rice.
- If you want the dish to be more crisper, double fry them.
- Sugar gives a nice taste, so don’t skip it.
- Tomato sauce and soya sauce, have added salt in it, so be careful while adding salt.
- Rice flour gives more crispness to the dish.
- Also add garlic and pepper powder generously which lends more flavour to this Dry Gobi Manchurian.