Today I am sharing Gobi 65 Recipe / Cauliflower 65 Recipe with detailed stepwise pics and videos. It can be had as an appetizer or perfect tea time snack or even as a side dish with our regular lunch menu. This Gobi 65 is a close variant of chicken 65, which originated from a small military canteen in Chennai. Though there are many variations to prepare this recipe, I am hooked to this method and this tastes so similar to restaurant ones. There is no doubt, that it is an evergreen addictive snack from kids to elders. Let’s go to the recipe…
Checkout my stepwise youtube video for this recipe
1. Par boiling the florets is optional, but it helps to get rid of worms and impurities.
2. Also Par boiling helps the florets to get coated with the batter easily and the oil will not get spoiled.
3. Adjust pepper powder and chilli powder as per your spice level for this Gobi 65 recipe.
4. Use thick curd / hung curd for better result.
5. Addition of rice flour is optional but it gives crispiness to the cauliflower 65 recipe.
6. The batter should be smooth without any lumps.
7. Use of food colour is optional only, as it is not good for health.
8. Don’t add cooking soda more than mentioned, else the cauliflower absorbs more oil.
9. If preferred, chat masala or curry leaves can be sprinkled for additional flavour.
10. For perfect restaurant touch, the cauliflower can be double fried.