Corn Flour Halwa Recipe | Bombay Karachi Halwa | Easy Diwali Sweets
Corn flour Halwa recipe or Bombay Karachi Halwa is a sweet made with corn flour, sugar and ghee. It is a simple and most versatile recipe that you can either cut the halwa into pieces or have it in spoon as such. From my childhood days I like this halwa very much. In my hometown whenever we buy this halwa as an evening snack, they will serve this halwa in a banana leaf. A handful of mixture/savoury will also be given under the banana leaf as a compliment to this halwa. At that time I don’t know that this halwa was made of corn flour. Although I have tried lot of halwa recipes before, to say the truth, this is the first time I am trying this halwa. But I can now ensure you that this the most easy diwali sweets, that even beginners can try it.
1. Adjust sugar as per your preference, but the sugar level was perfect for me.
2. Always whisk the corn flour and water well till there is no lumps.
3. You can prepare this halwa in microwave too.
4. You can also use different food colours like green, yellow etc.
5. Corn flours can be replaced with custard powder.
6. Chop the cashews very finely otherwise slicing the bombay karachi halwa will not be even.
7. Cook it in low flame or else the halwa will have a raw smell of the corn flour.
8. Shelf life of the corn flour halwa recipe is 2 days and under refrigeration it is 5 days.